Bella Coola

Bella Coola BC. Any feedback, critiques or opinions are very much appreciated.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I think this looks real nice. Is this a composite? To me, there is a difference in the light between the foreground and the lake/mountains. Nice image.
-P

1 Like

Blake,

Wonderful summer alpine landscape. There’s a misty atmosphere to this that has really brought down the contrast, both in the field of flowers as well as the mountain/sky. I mean the low contrast is actually fitting for the atmospheric conditions… but I’m still left feeling like this needs more contrast, or even luminosity. But we’re down to the subjective, personal choice/vision thing, not trying to correct a flaw or something. Colors are lovely.

That glacier looks like it’s over flowing! Thanks for sharing.

Lon

1 Like

Really nice first post. The clouds provide a great mood to go with the flowers front and center. I would agree with Lon about more contrast and/or luminosity in the middle ground and mountains, but as he said, that is very subjective. It looks great as posted. No other suggestions here.

1 Like

Great job with the composition and exposure here. I think the sky needs a bit more colour to balance those vibrant flowers. I’ve used split tone to add some warmth and colour to the sky, then added some glow and blur. The area on the right peak still looks a bit funky because there’s not enough highlight information in the JPEG, probably need to go back to the RAW and tone this area down.

1 Like

Comp and light are so good here that it’s hard to make any suggestions, though I think Kah’s edits are positive. Very beautiful image. Could be a book cover.

1 Like

Wonderful elements in the image. Looks sharp throughout. What camera and setting did you use?

1 Like

Thanks Preston, its not a composite but I don’t think the green really fits the rest of the color scheme

Thanks Kah Kit, that looks much better!

Ty, F22 at .6 sec ISO 100