Belted KF in flight

I honestly think that kingfishers are some of the shyest birds out there. This is the closest that I can get to it and it’s still a humungous crop. The final resolution is 2931x1954 and then I resize it for web view.

D500, 500mm, f/5.6, 1/2500, ISO 640

@adhikalie

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.!

Still a great capture, Adhika. Very nice details in the bird, and I just love the position of the wings. Nice lighting.

Very tough shot to get. These guys are shy and they are also very fast. Nice capture.

Very hard to capture them in flight. I think you did well. Great wing position and nice light.

Nice capture Adhika of my favorite bird. Really tough to capture this well in flight. I do see noise creeping in on the bird in the larger version. Still quite a nice frame.

Excellent light and clarity on this one. I think you could increase and darken 1/4 to 1/2 stop and then use a warming filter to enrich the light. Good catch of a difficult subject.

Very nice catch, Adhika. These are really tough. Unless you can set up a perch for it fairly close in, and use a blind it’s very difficult to get a decent image. this one is quite good with nice light and the detail is very good for the crop. Perfect wing position and eye contact.