Belted kingfisher

A couple of frames from a sequence taken in the late afternoon light of a belted kingfisher. Light wasn’t the best so had to push the iso and then de-noise in post

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Focal length: 1000mm
f stp: f/14
Exposure: 1/3200
ISO: 8000

1 Like

Hi Eduard
The kingfisher in flight, very cool photographs. Can you us a local brush to bring out the eye on these photos?
Peter

These are 3 impressive shots Eduard, very nicely captured. I really like the white of the wings against the lovely mottled background. I agree with Peter that bringing out the eye would really help if it’s possible.

Some beautiful images, Eduardo, liked all three. I enjoy looking at the translucent wing spread and fine markings you’ve captured. A suggestion is to present the second image in a 2x3 or 5x7 landscape format, (similar to the first image) thus eliminating the pale top RHC, and the lower blotchy highlights. You’ve got such a strong hovering image it does not need those minor distractions. Well done.

Wonderful captures! The second is my favorite, and good crop suggestion by @Stephen_Stanton. I agree with @peter and @Ryan_H about the eye – just a touch of softly feathered highlight (digital fill flash) on the face would be wonderful.

Hi Eduard, I’ve been chasing these guys for years but can never catch up to them for an “OK” shot, so you’re images are especially pleasing. My only thought would be to crop the third one down a bit from the top, just to minimize the brighter background up there. Well seen and captured!

I would agree with all the previous comments, but especially that these guys are hard to photograph in flight and you’ve done an excellent job with this. I like the wing/tail position of the second shot .

I can only echo the praise for your having managed to get a nice series of flight shots ! Cheers, Hans