Bighorn Ram headshot

There were lots of Bighorns in the MT valleys somewhat earlier than usual. This is one of a group of 9 big rams, taken using the car as a blind, he was clearly reacting to my movement but not afraid. (7D2, 100-400 @ 220, 1/125, f/11, iso 800)

1 Like

You got some great detail here - from nose to ears. And the eye contact is terrific. Glad you were in a car, these guys are intimidating!

Mark, a super portraiture of this beautiful ram. Those eyes sure look intense too. … :+1:
To this day I can still hear the loud whip crack sound of these guys butting heads in a fight. I cannot imagine the impact of those horns hitting me…YIKES !

What a beauty, Mark. I love all the different shades of brown in this image. Wonderful details in the ram using the f11, and the BG far enough away from the subject to leave it oof. He sure is giving you the stare. You couldn’t have asked for a better pose. Great portrait.

Super!! Wonderful detail, great pose and lovely BG. From the look in his eyes, I think YOU should have been afraid…

I’m wondering about some subtle darkening of the bright BG in the LL.

Beautiful portrait of this stunning big fella. He is definitely giving you the stink eye! Good one.

Love this. I think the head turn is perfect and make the eye contact very powerful, Mark.

A terrific image, Mark. A beautiful animal captured beautifully. No suggestions from me; this is an outstanding wildlife photo.

Great close up, very beautifully done!
I must admit here that giving precise cut to close ups is not that easy, as it looks out to be.

Cheers!