Bill Leggett

I wanted to pass on some more terrible news that one of the great NPN members @Bill_Leggett has passed.

I received this message from @carol:

Wanted to let everyone Know that Bill Leggett , excellant Photographer from Gulfport Mississippi Passed away Sept 18th at his home in Gulfport.

I’m afraid I don’t have any more details than this. RIP Bill.

2 Likes

This is very sad news. I met Bill 3 or 4 times at Bosque Del Apache when he’d make his annual trek out west to visit the refuge. Rest in Peace, Bill.

1 Like

I would only say I’m shocked and very saddened too. I always enjoyed Bill’s work and of course his positive input on my own work.

1 Like

David,

Bill had been in the hospital in July because he was having breathing problems he got out on July 29th and had been working towards getting better. Although, he had been non compliant with his oxygen. He had been given a diagnosis of end stage COPD. Over the next 1.5 he continued to decline . I had been busy working so i missed a couple days checking on him. On Sept 18th he didnt answer his phone or door so I summoned the police when they arrived they found him deceased. Being his neighbor and feiend for many years I was obviously heart broken. Bill had no next of kin so his Ex Wife Barbara Bergeron has been notified and is assuming the responsibilities of a small memorial after cremation. I spoke with her yesterday at Bill’s condo. Its very upsetting for her also. Right now there is no date for the memorial. I do believe it will be a small one at the harbor as that is where Bill wanted his final rest place. If you need Barbaras phone number for any reason let me know and I will be happy to give it to you.

Sincerely,

Carol Mize

2 Likes

Sure sorry to hear that. Thank you Carol for letting us know here at NPN. He will be missed.

1 Like

Another big loss for the NPN community. I always admired Bill’s work and really appreciated his comments.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about Bill’s passing. From my experience on this forum, he was an excellent photographer who provided very encouraging and great feedback. A big loss for NPN.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this. Bill’s comments were always thoughtful and well considered - he’ll be missed. Condolences to all of his friends.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this news. Bill was always personable and kind. Carol, as his long-time friend, I offer my condolences.
-P

1 Like

So sad to hear this kind of news. :frowning:

Fair winds and following seas shipmate.

1 Like

I am sorry to hear of Bill’s passing. He always offered kind and thoughtful comments, he will be missed.

1 Like

Oh my goodness, not again. I hate to hear this, and it’s always so sad when someone has no next of kin. Thank you, Carol, for letting us know, and I’m sorry for your loss. Bill was a fantastic part of NPN and I always enjoyed his photography, especially the swamp and cypress images, and he always wrote thoughtful, helpful critiques. Rest easy, Bill.

2 Likes

Thank you akl so very much. It hurts a whole lot. He was a wonder person, neighbor and friend. That wasn’t the way I wanted to see him. I still and always will love my good friend to the moon an back! What an honor to know. I will share this with y’all…the two things he always said to me…‘What are you cooking for supper tonight?’ ’ you gonna boil us some peanuts?’… And honestly he would come over all the time to eat…and i miss that so much. Prayers to all of us

3 Likes

How nice of Carol to let us know and how sad that Bill has passed on. He added many fine images and was always constructive. His presence and contributions to NPN will be missed.

2 Likes

I’m very saddened to hear of Bill’s passing. While we had never met, he had always been a positive contributor and just a fabulous NPN member.

Thank you David for passing along this news and thank you @carol for letting the NPN community know. My condolences to you for your friend and neighbor.

He will be sorely missed. RIP Bill.

Lon

1 Like

Just to let you all know Oct 5th will be the date for Bill’s Memorial. babergeron@sbcglobal.net is Barbara (his ex wife) email address for specifics as she is spear heading the memorial. Or if you would just like to communicate with her.
Sincerely, Carol Mize

May you Rest in Peace Bill, and may your family be comforted with warm, loving memories.

I am late to this. This news gives me great sorrow because I remember fondly the few interactions I have with Bill on this site. I will remember him in my prayer. Rest in peace, Bill.

I’m sorry to hear about Bill. Bill provided many critiques for me and like other NPN photographers that have passed away, he will be missed. RIP Bill…Jim