black crested coquette

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

this image was taken in the field of wildflowers. Apparently, this is a fairly rare hummingbird even in this location. I was very happy to have the opportunity to take its photo. this is about 10% of full frame

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

iso-1000, 500 PF, F6 .3, 800 800 D 500

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

Excellent pose, David. I really love the raised crest showing the long trailers on the head. I do wish for a nicer wing position, but that’s always a crap shoot with hummingbirds. Processing looks very good.

Most hummingbirds rarely sit still long enough for a good series of photos. Image quality is OK and most of the small details could not be captured due to the crop. But more importantly, you were able to capture this rarity before it flew off on a foraging trip…Jim

This is a treat David. I love the attitude of these little birds. The angle of the wings makes it look like it is a huge bird with tiny wings which just adds to the whole flair of it.

I like the pose and the colors in the hummer. Nice perch and pleasing background.

What a special moment and species. Very cool pose - so dynamic and emblematic of the energy these guys have. Even with the crop it has nice detail and color. Thanks for sharing.