Black-necked Stilt

Description:

These guys are fairly common here in shallow water. Although it isn’t completely natural, I liked this one for the BG color mimicking the bird.

Specific Feedback Requested:

All comments welcome!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Another turned up in the deletion binge, from 2017, and reprocessed. Canon 1DX2, 400 DO II + 2X. f/9.5, 1/1500, ISO 1600. Very little done in either LR or PS. A little tonal adjustment and NR. Cropped from a vertical and a little canvas added on the left.

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
No

Nice job on the plumage exposure and details. Super reflection and pose.

Nice pose, Diane, and excellent processing. I don’t see anything obviously unnatural, unless that reflection is a human and last I heard we weren’t unnatural either, though admittedly man-made.

Or more accurately, woman-made. :slightly_smiling_face:

Actually, that’s probably quite accurate, either @Dennis_Plank or @Kris_Smith! This is a sort of outflow channel from a marsh behind a lovely huge shopping center in Corte Madera in Marin County. It’s narrow and there is a hiking/biking path on the far side and I’m pretty sure the reflection was from a hiker or jogger. Likely a well-dressed Marinite. I’m betting on a woman from the coordinated colors.

This is about a mile from where I shot the Tiburon Lilies, although I didn’t know about them at the time.

Hi Diane
Some time the obvious get by me. After reading the comments I went back and looked at the upper reflection and now see what you were talking about. But to quote a director I work with " if they’re not watching the actors, what are we doing here". My eye was on the Black-necked Stilt and it’s reflection. Nice work.
Peter

My attention was also on the Stilt and it’s reflection. Nice timing, Diane.