Black Phoebe

D810 iso 2000 300 f4E &1.4tc 1/2000 f8
A common insect eater from southern Arizona wet areas. All words welcome.

A wonderful black phoebe here, Steve. The image design here works for me with the ash color throughout the frame. I also like the inclusion of the tip of the branch. When looking at the full size, the detail on the bird seems muddy. I am not sure if it comes from noise reduction or the crop. In the smaller size, this is quite wonderful.

Thanks for the ID and all…

This is a terrific image of one of my favorite birds. It’s a special treat to have them fly catching close at hand. I continue to marvel at their eyesight and agility.

Really like the pose and overall composition. Interesting perch; better than most. Background fits well with the Phoebe.

Excellent image with superb pose and head turn. the perch, background, and exposure are all done quite well. I also note some of the image quality issues in some of the plumage. Is this the 300 F4E or 300 F4 E PF? Any use of an extender has the possibility of decreasing image quality. The 300 PF is extremely sharp but I have never used mine with an extender.

Thank You… the lens is:
F-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR

I like this image very much. The color palette is very pleasing, the comp works great with the position and direction the bird is looking. Nice. Saw the comments about the detail (or lack of) in the bird plumage. I did a quick adjustment in PS by using Camera Raw as a filter and adding texture (using the texture slider) to the birds plumage. Makes a really nice difference.

Awesome perch, Steven. I too like the color palette. It really fits this species. Keith’s magic on the plumage does make a nice improvement.

Nice composition and colors with a lovely pose. Keith’s repost takes this up a notch.

Thanks
The texture looks good, some of it is replacing what is on the raw file before I executed my special magic. I would prefer to farm out all my post.

Nice over the shoulder pose and interesting limited color. At first I thought it was B&W until I saw the brown tones in the perch, but then I don’t know the species.