Blackwater Falls

There was not any color in this scene so I decided to convert to B&W. This is an image of Blackwater Falls in Blackwater Falls SP, WV. The forecast is for snow so I am hoping that Mike and I can head out there this weekend.

Thanks for taking a look and leaving a comment or suggestion.

Ed, this is a terrific look at Blackwater Falls. The stepping stones of snow covered rocks are great. The flow is good and I like your balance with the snowy rocks at the bottom and snowy trees at the top.

Beautiful, Ed. Good call on the conversion and well done, too. No nits here.

It looks cold, would not have even noticed the conversion. Nice POV.

Very nice winter waterfall scene, Ed! Great job on the exposure! You kept all the subtle textures and shadows in the snow and didn’t blow out the water. The vertical composition was a good choice and the details, when viewed large, are excellent.

Beautiful, Ed. A lovely composition and I like the b&w treatment.

Ed, I always appreciate a well done B&W image and this one is really sweet. I like the different textures and details in this scene. I have no nits…thanks for sharing.

Thanks for taking a look and leaving a thought @Mark_Seaver, @Harley_Goldman, @Dan_Kearl, @Gary_Minish, @Dennis_Plank and @Alan_Kreyger. I am glad you guys enjoyed the image.

Lovely, intimate scene in winter. The B and W treatment works well here. Nice shutter speed on the water, too.

Beautiful image - comp, perspective, SS, and clarity all perfect.
This is a good example of why it’s useful (for me, at least ) to know specs - what SS and F-stop did you use? Landscape is not my forte, and I have lots to learn
Sandy

Thanks so much for your kind words @Kathy_Barnhart and @Sandy_Richards-Brown; I am glad you enjoyed the image.
@Sandy_Richards-Brown : I know what you mean about checking out the specs. It is a great way to learn; I do it myself.

so what were your settings?? :grin:
S

@Sandy_Richards-Brown : Oops sorry I did not notice that I left them out. :roll_eyes: They are as follows : Nikon D700, Nikon 80 -200 @ 80 mm, f 22 @ 0.4 sec ( not sure why I used f 22) ISO 200, cable release & tripod.

thanks! I’m trying to improve my moving-water images, and this info helps a lot.
S