Blooming grass

Here’s a look at a bunch grass bloom head taken last spring. The bunches of this grass scattered around this field gave it a nice scattering of purple. (7D2, 100-400 @ 278, 1/250 s, f/10, iso 800, tripod)

1 Like

Great look at the blooming grass. I really like the image structure and balance and the oof background is perfect.

Add a description to challenge tag 966?

A very nice shot, Mark. I like how the background is so smooth, and so nothing to draw the eye away from the subject. Very nice.

David K is aware of the problem but having trouble getting it fixed, so we have to live with only the number for the time being.

Wonderful color and contrast with a superb background. I really like the composition this one.

Like the others have said Mark; beautiful color contrast, composition. . . .and great detail in the bloom heads.

Mark: Terrific subject and terrific management of your DOF/POF. It’s a small point and just icing on the cake but I also like the web strands extending from the seed heads. Marvelous find and capture. >=))>

Hi Mark,

No nits from me. Looks good as presented and a perfect plant for this composition…Jim