Blue eyed Marys' one more time

Sharpness, colors, Back ground

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Composition, how does the differences in the dark BG affect the image, if at all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon EOS 80D, Sigma 150mm F-2.8 macro
1/250 @ F-8 ISO 400, tripod. Steady breeze.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

They are beautiful, John. I am not familiar with this flower, but I love the color. I like the composition. That leaf at the bottom of the frame seems to take away from this shot, I think. Maybe just dodge and burn to make it a little less noticeable. Maybe someone else has a better suggestion, or maybe it isn’t as distracting to others. I sure am not a pro!

Thank you Shirly. I had not seen these flowers until we moved to central Illinois several years ago. Now, I wait to see them every spring. Wish they would last longer than what they do.

John
I like this one much better. Very nice shot. I agree with Shirley re darkening that bottom leaf just a bit.

I guess there are three different backgrounds. I like how it looks against the black background. You might play around and paint in black to much of the background and see how it looks. The flowers are beautiful and the colors are great.

John: Much better than the first posting IMO. I would darken the leaf below the flowers. Not sure you need to take the area all the way to black but I would certainly tone it down some. Really nice capture of the flowers. >=))>