Blue Hour Moon

Right near a perfect Blue Hour setup for a moon shot.

Technical Details

Composite: No
All data for this shot was lost in the Hurricane.

1 Like

Great looking image. I love the gradient of colors in the sky.

1 Like

The view of the pier is powerful as are the colors. I also love the gradient. You got a trace of earthshine in the moon. It moved a bit in the exposure so it must have been on the long side. Hardly an issue as it is small in the frame.

Sympathies for the loss of images… or information about them. I hope that was the worst of it.

1 Like

This was the worst of it - the back of my house. Poor quality image but it was what I had to shoot with after the storm for insurance purposes. I was down the hall about 25 feet from this when the roof came apart. six months prior to this, I had completely remodeled this house. It’s all back to finished now, so all is well.

4 - Living room after doors blew in - shows 65 inch TV and love seat with two recliners

OUCH!!! Sympathies! Glad you’ve recovered what you could.

The worst of what we lost was that piano which was a 1938 Steinway Baby Grand worth over $75K, though to be fair to my insurance company, they paid the value to have it factory restored. It was a gift, so we bought a nice Yamaha and pocketed the change.

Chris, the colors here really pop well. The crescent moon near the top is well placed. This is a beauty.

1 Like