Blue hour

From “Kullaberg” in Skåne, Sweden.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any!

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Focus stacked 5 pictures.
Nikon D850, Nikon 16-35 @17 mm, f/8 , 8s ISO 320, Filter ND 1000

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

This looks good, Lennart. Great color and detail in the foreground, leading out through the image. It is picky, but I might do a very slight CCW rotation to level the water line. No other suggestions here.

1 Like

The title is very apropos. The coolness works very well here. The depth is excellent. I agree with Harley regarding a slight CCW rotation. You might consider reducing the red/yellow saturation of the bit on the right side.

Nicely done, and welcome to NPN!
-P

1 Like

Thanks for yor comments. I havn´t noticed the unleveled waterline earlier.:grinning::grinning:

Lennart,

Welcome to NPN! A fabulous first post. As already mentioned, the “blue hour” is captured beautifully here, I wouldn’t change the color/tones at all. There is much to explore here and I enjoyed discovering the finer details like the little pools at the bottom, detail in the rock and the kelp/seaweed/sealife in the LR, lower right.

The calmness of the sea with the long exposure works perfectly in this scene as well. Honestly, can’t think of anything I would change.

Lon

1 Like

I like the mood of this image with the blue hour light. The composition works well to my eye. I would recommend reducing the contrast in the foreground and in the rocks as it feels a bit overdone, but that’s a matter of personal taste.

1 Like

Welcome to NPN, Lennart. This is an amazing seascape with tons of details to savor in both the rocks and seaweed. I also liked exploring those little pools of water in the FG rock.

1 Like

Welcome to NPN Lennart, this is a great first post. I love the blue tones in the clouds and rocks, and how this contrasts nicely with the yellow seaweed. I also like your placement of the rocks within the composition, they help the viewers eye move across the scene. This image has a very primeval feeling and mood to it, very nicely done !!!

1 Like

Thank you Harley, Preston, Lon, Brian, Ed and Ed for your nice comments. :smiley: