Bragg Trestle

A train trestle on the outskirts of Fort Bragg on the Northern California coast.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all.

Technical Details

Leica M10M. f/8, 1/350, ISO 160. Leica Summicron 35mm.

Hey David, that is really nice. What a great shot. I love the B&W treatment and of course that M10M and Summicron are an exceptional setup. I’ve really thought about selling all my gear and going that route too. I’m Red/Green color blind and so B&W has a special place for me. Simplifying my gear to have one Monochrome camera and one, maybe two lenses is kind of appealing.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

David, it is a great setup that I enjoy a lot. The downside is that as my eyes get older and older, it gets harder and harder to focus with a rangefinder. Also, the screen doesn’t tilt. However, I constantly have a yellow filter on the lens, and I have found that nothing quite compares to the black and white shots that I get with the Leica Monochrom. Just as an FYI, there are strong rumors that they are going to release an M11 Monochrom in the future, so not sure if you’d want to wait for that? You could get the new camera, or pick up the M10M for a better price once everyone starts to sell theirs to upgrade.

Let me know if you ever have anymore questions regarding the Monochrom camera. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Thanks for the thoughts, David. I have the manual focus problem too…I have been looking at the Leica Q2 Monochrome. Single lens but a lot cheaper and people seem to be very happy with it. I can sell some of my gear to fund that, and still keep my Fujifilm medium format for those tripod images. Lots to consider. Thanks for your note on the M11 too.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

I really like how getting so close with the wide angle gives such a dramatic perspective on the trestles, from almost edge-on on the left to maybe a 45 degree view at the right edge.

1 Like

Thank you @Diane_Miller