Fun with Angles

I’ve been getting comfortable with a new camera and lens kit. I went for a walk around the neighborhood and came up to a walking bridge over a street nearby. I spent some time playing around with the structure itself. Kinda fun.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated. Hopefully the angles and lines are interesting.

Technical Details

Fujifilm X-H2, XF56mm f/1.2 (85mm equivalent), 1/60 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 400, Handheld.

1 Like

David the perspective works well in sharing a lot of intersecting angles in wood and hardware overall. The lighting for the B&W is excellent having decent detail throughout… :+1:
Looking at this old age weathered wood I’m surprised you actually walked on it…kidding of course… :clown_face:

David, I do like the playful angles. And I love the tones, texture, and grain of the wood. I wish that cable and attachment were not there in the UL, but not much you can do about that.

How are you liking the X-H2?

Very cool. Reminds me of some work I did ages ago with a disused railroad bridge. Of course it was made of iron, but the angles were similar and the rivets, too.

@Paul_Breitkreuz, @David_Mullin, and @Kris_Smith thanks for the comments. It was a lot of fun to walk around/over the bridge looking for kind of abstract stuff.

David, I really like the X-H2 a lot. I gave the Q2M some serious thought and ended up going this route. It’s a small camera, the prime lenses that pair with it are sensational and have some of that Leica build feel to them–at least to me. I switched the film profile to Acros and shooting in B&W is a lot of fun. The LCD and EVF are B&W. Great for visualizing.

Cheers,
David

2 Likes

Hi David,
This is especially appealing to me because I have built several post and beam buildings with the same style of steel flitch plates, the cable system that @David_Mullin mentioned is an intricate part of the structure because it’s forms a cross brace of sorts that can be tightened from time to time as the structure moves and loosens up.

I like images like this, and for more than just reminders of my past but also for their artistic value. :slight_smile:

The tones are great and very suitable, I assume it was an overcast day?

Well done and well seen, David! :slight_smile:

All the best,

2 Likes

Wow – very effective!! I love the composition and the texture revealed in the wood is incredible!

2 Likes

Sorry for the late response to this, @Merv and @Diane_Miller. Thank you for your comments. I truly appreciate them.

Mervin, thanks for the info on bridges, and am so glad the image appeals to you.

Diane, the wood texture was one of the strong draws for me. Thanks.

Cheers,
David

1 Like