Bridge to?

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The Thomas Creek bridge at 350 feet is the tallest bridge in Oregon but I never saw it all. One might wonder where this leads. All comments welcome. >=))>

Specific Feedback

I flipped this horizontally to make the bridge enter from the left side of the frame.

Technical Details

I Phone 13 Pro Max
ISO 50, 1/1900 @ f1.5

Great shot Bill and yes I’m wondering if the next truck will disappear into the Twilight Zone. For what it’s worth, the trees at lower right distract my eye from the leading line of the bridge. What is it they say these days? It’s OK to take something out and still have a “real” shot, but not to put something in? Regardless, I’d like to see only bridge and fog.

Bill, the disappearing bridge does lead to interesting thoughts, plus it has the strong benefit of repeated elements. However, the WC guidelines indicate that heavy hand of man posts need to be specifically invited, so I’m moving this to the “everything else” gallery.

Hi bill, I wondered why this one was in Everything Else until I read Mark’s comment. A lovely fog image and I remember this bridge from earlier this year(and previous coast trips). They still have a lot of awesome bridges along 101 in Oregon. I like the disappearance into the fog and I don’t mind the trees in the lower right. To me they help create a base to the image.

Veeery cool! I love the well-controlled perspective – the lack of obvious pincushion or barrel distortion. I don’t mind the trees in the LL as they extend across the left and provide a base to the image. They would be hard to remove, too. But it could be interesting to lighten that area. Maybe I went too far.

1 Like

Diane: A really nice variation. Thanks for the comment and for your efforts on the adjustments. >=))>