A Bridge Too Far

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This was my first significant exploration of the southern Oregon coast. After seeing so many wonderful images of the Natural Bridges area it was high on my list of must see spots. I had hopes of making the hike to the bridges myself but my most recently surgically repaired hip had other ideas so I settled for shooting from the observation deck. There was a guy flying his drone and this was his wife. I had better stills gear so we traded insights. Good reason to go back. >=))>

Specific Feedback

Is the spotlit bush near the center right edge too much of an eye grabber?

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Sony FE 70-200 f2.8 GM-II @ 167mm, CPL
ISO 400, 1/25 @ f11 HDR

I mean YIKES. Bill, I do not do heights at all… :skull_and_crossbones:
This one is off my bucket list for sure… :clown_face:
You might try taking the light on the bush out for another look. It does have a bit eye draw there. I would increase the overall contrast too for another idea there… :+1:

A special place, for sure. Would love to see that.
The bush is bright, but so are more parts of the scene. E.g. the foam on the water. I don’t think you’ll like to tone down both. The backlight will be the cause for the low contrast of the image.
You can bring more contrast in the bridge, that will change the mood of the image a lot, but the bush will stand out less.
I made a quick and dirty effort, don’t know if you like it.