Cathedral Under the Bridge

I like to photograph bridges from underneath. The is the Yaquina Bay Bridge in Newport, Oregon. One of my favorites. It was taken with an iPhone 5.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is fine.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

So nicely framed, @Chris_Baird. Even the bottom has a horizontal structural element to act as a frame. You’ve centered this perfectly…the symmetry is spot on.
Very beautiful, like a cathedral.

1 Like

That bridge is one of my favorites to photograph. It seems like there are endless choices from macro to images of the whole bridge. Your photo is wonderful. It represents exactly what it looks like from that perspective. Well done.

1 Like

What a great view of this bridge! Since a long way in the past a bridge structural design engineer, I like bridge images a lot … and this is just another reason to make that trip to Oregon!

1 Like

Totally agree with the other comments already made, Chris. It does look like a cathedral to me. Very nicely done.

1 Like

Mark, Jim, Ola, and Linda - Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Wonderful artistic architecture & symmetry on this view, Chris. Amazing structure designed and built without the aid of computers… :+1:

1 Like

Chris, it’s amazing that “we” once built bridges with artistic themes like these high cathedral arches. The symmetric view, receding into the distance fits perfectly.

1 Like