Same Bridge, Different View

As I posted with the first bridge shot, I shoot this bridge often and love to experiment with its lovely geometry.

Lens compression worked well in this unique view. This shot was made with a D7000. It was the first “decent” digital camera I bought, graduating from the same ones my students used in the classroom, the Nikon D40, which while an entry level camera, at the time pretty spiffy and held up to student abuse quite nicely. Bought in the fall of 2007, more than half of these cameras are still working. See, miracles do happen. (I retired in 2012.)

Technical Details

Composite: No
D7000, 18-105 (kit lens) @85mm, f/5.6, 1/125, ISO 320

50/50 ACR and Photoshop with one lights mask.

1 Like

Great composition on this one, Chris. My eye follows the curves out to the distance. Well done.

1 Like

Wow, so many possibilities. Powerful image. I really like the compound line the sky creates and the multiple repetitions on both side. The sharp edges of the uprights appear organic and soft.

1 Like

Those wavy lines made me think at first that this was a reflection in the water. What amazing architecture, and a fantastic perspective!

1 Like

I can sure see why you would shoot it often. What an incredible structure! I love the wavy lines and arches and the way it is split in the middle. Monochrome works very well to emphasize the wonderful lines of this bridge. Where is this located?

1 Like

Panama City, Florida

This is an amazing collection of shapes and curves, Chris! This view emphasizes those very well.

1 Like