Built With Style

Description:

One of several bridges built in the Art Deco style along the Oregon coast

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any and all comments are appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

NO

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Quite Spectacular in every photographic aspect.

What Chris said!

I love the posts in the foreground. Well done, sir.

Totally spectacular with perfect lighting! The old piling posts and their reflections, added to that of the bridge, are surreal.

1 Like

Love this one! I agree fully with the others.

This is a gorgeous print. Full tonalities and perfect value placements. This is the type of image an architect would appreciate on their office wall.

At first I was going to nit pick the gradation of tones near the upper underside of the main span. Then I noticed it aligned with the fog.

I am curious about the toning, did you dial it in yourself or use a plug-in? Would you be willing to share the grading data?

BTW, did you stop in at Mo’s for some chowder?

They don’t build bridged like this any more. You’ve captured a beautiful angle and there is a hint of mystery and intrigue.

Wonderful tonalites.

James, this is a fine look at a bridge built before government spending was considered a waste. The posts mingled with the bridge’s reflection make a great foreground.

Thanks for the comment and your interest in this image. Can’t say if we ate at MO’s but we did dine at a very nice tapas style restaurant . The toning was my creation and I was back and forth on cool or warm.