Bridal Veil Falls, Spearfish Canyon, South Dakota

Any feedback welcome. I took this last year in South Dakota and just worked on it. I did some dodging, burning, radial filters, vignette, Nik tonal contrast.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Fuji XT3, 16-55 lens, 9 seconds, f16

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Exquisite image. The motion in the water is just right and the light is superb. I think it’s a matter of taste as to whether the saturation in the purple rocks should be dialed down a touch. Wonderful composition.

@Larry_Greenbaum Thank you! Great suggestion on the purple - I dialed it back and am posting it above. Feedback from you or anyone else is welcome.

This must be Bridal Vail Falls. Very nice image. The trees work nicely as a frame and the shutter speed was right. I like the second image better.

Lovely, this is much more natural to me.

@Richard_Teller thank you! I’m glad you like it, I agree that the second one is better. And yes, it is Bridal Veil Falls in the Black Hills area.

Roberta,

You got it with your repost. Looks nice and natural. Well done…Jim

I prefer the second one. It makes waterfall stand out more. What a beautiful tree frame!

Great improvement on the repost, giving a far more natural look to this fine waterfall. Nicely done.

The rework is a major improvement. The neutral whites in the falling water make the falls much more prominent, and the waterfall has a lot more visual impact . Good job with the rework.

@Ed_McGuirk @Harley_Goldman @svetlana @Jim_Zablotny Thank you all for your kind comments! I appreciate your feedback, it means a lot to me!

Nice job on the repost Roberta. I love the waterfall’s framing by the trees; you could even crop just a tad off the top to enhance that by removing some of the ULC.

@John_Williams Thank you John! I will consider cropping the top a bit; I agree that it might help.