Bridalveil Fall

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I dug this out of the archives, from 2016, and re-processed with new tools. It is one of those images I remember well because there was a workshop group there (YNP) and the leader was exhorting his followers to put on polarizers and ND filters and use very slow SSs. I was eagerly shooting at 1/1000, and would have been faster with today’s lower noise cameras. This was the Canon 7D2 at ISO 800, which was about my limit back then.

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

A little Dehaze and Texture in LR. Into PS for Topaz Denoise and a B/W adj layer and vignette. (I tried DXO Deep Prime but it said it couldn’t return the DNG. Haven’t had a chance to check why. Sensor too old to process?)

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

Diane: I got a nice spraybow at this location many years ago and the polarizer certainly helped. I like your conversion here. I haven’t been back in almost 20 years so I’m itching to return. This gives me a little prod. >=))>

Thanks. @Bill_Fach! The seasons there have been fickle for years with the western drought, lack of predictable snow, and WAY too many tourists with ensuing restrictions.

Great image. I love the contrast and tone … Works great in black and white. !!!