Brightest one in the class

I was struck by this brittlebrush against the inviting texture of the rock wall

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I really wonder if this works for some of you It is a quirky composition, so not for everybody

Repost with changes to white flowers and yellow cast.

1 Like

I really like the asymmetric composition that you employed here. The juxtaposition of of the bush and cracks in the wall creates a very interesting and engaging composition. The pattern of the cracks is pretty fascinating. Those cracks also do a great job of directing the viewer’s eye from left to right, and towards the clump of flowers. Overall this is a very interesting image, nicely done on your part.

In general, I do not find the tiny white flowers at the bottom to be a distraction. I might however consider cloning away the two largest white flowers, since for me they are slightly more intrusive than the rest. There is also a black spot in the URC that I would clone away as well.

I think most people would have walked by this scene without giving it a second look, Dick. I particularly like the way the bush is counterbalanced by that triangle shaped crack on the left. The color palette looks spot on and I do like the diagonal flow from left to right that the cracks imply. I agree with @Ed_McGuirk about those two largest white flowers and the black spot, but that is minor stuff as this is nicely composed.

This is an interesting composition for me and a nice study in texture.

I think it is a great composition as is. My only nit is that the yellow color cast of the whole photo seems too strong.

Thanks, @Tony_Siciliano I know how the yellow got there! Will follow up.

Thanks - will address those. @Ed_McGuirk @Ed_Lowe