Brood X Cicada

Couple of tele-macro shots of cicadas. I don’t have a macro lens at the moment

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

Nicely done, Eduard. You’ve gotten great detail in the cicadas. So these are the infamous Brood X Cicada, they are beautiful. Great captures.

Eduard, I don’t know what you used for a lens, but it sure worked nicely. Sometimes a telephoto will provide you a pretty nice macro shot. The smooth background really makes him stand out. The details are really nice. I’m not recognizing what he is on, but I love the foliage as well.

Eduard…both classic frames. Beautifully crafted. Love the lighter bg of a dark subject. Its kind of cicada season here, can hear them, but cant go out to shoot.
Very well done

Balan Vinod

Great photo Eduard, the details are amazing. I was in St Louis when they came out one year. The top photo is my favorite, always love those looks.

Hi Eduard,

A couple of nice shots. The exposure of the first is better than the second. Better contrast and highlights are reasonable in the first one. Good results and well worth the 17 year wait…Jim.

Two good looks at these Cicada,s Eduard. The second one show off the insect well.

Eduard: I like both shots with the emphasis on the eyes in the first and the more complete view and DOF of the second. Nice perch as well and a very complementary BG. >=))>