Brown-crested Flycatcher with edits

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: This bird is an uncommon species in this area - but not inTexas. Canon 5DS-R 100x400mm telephoto with 1.4x III extender at f9, 1/400sec, ISO 1000 used D-Noise software, Edit by adding sharpening and tone down bright green background.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

My first look at this is very positive. Lovely bird in a nice position. Soft background, although somehow doesn’t feel quite natural.

When I look at the larger image, the noise reduction is quite obvious and not consistent across the birds plumage. For example, around the eye, very nice details, but the breast is completely without detail. Other parts are patchy. You didn’t say which DeNoise software but this has all the fingerprints of Topaz Denoise AI. A solid product, but certainly not without problems and I’ve seen results like this many times

Thanks Keith, You are on top of it Background is a patch of pine trees at a far distance. May need some desaturation in the yellow and green background areas.
Wayne

Noise and saturation have been mentioned already, so my fifty cents are about the composition, perch and pose ! Nice one ! Hans

Of the three images I see presented my preference is for the first, mainly because it looks less manipulated. I like the pose, the perch, the background, and the light. But I’d rather seen noise in an image than lose so much detail from applying noise reduction.

Interesting image of a bird I haven’t seen, Wayne. It looks like a real beauty. To my eye, it looks as if the focus were slightly off on the bird. It would be interesting to see a jpg of this with no manipulation. I wouldn’t think that camera would give you a noise issue at iso 1000.