Yellowish Flycatcher

Under the rain forest canopy. No added sharpening. Minor cloning of greenery.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 1000, 500 PF, f7.1, 640, fill flash, D500, handheld

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below

Love the look-back pose and the attitude. I also like the vegetation and the perch quite a bit. Detail is nice. My only two nits are that I can see the cloning marks above the bird, and there’s a yellowish-greenish cast to the image. I don’t know anything about this bird, so I couldn’t comment on where the colors should ultimately end up. But there does seem to be a cast.

Repost with 80% less green sat and 10% less yellow.

original before branch removal

Excellent detail and pose. I do see a minor cloning artifact, but only because Lyle pointed it out. I’m not sure about a color cast. Under the rain forest canopy, there should be a bit of a green color cast.

David: I like the bird’s pose and coloration. My only minor suggestion would be to tone down the bright leaves under the bird. Fine otherwise. Richard

Nice. Colors def. look better in the re-post to my eye.