Great Crested Flycatcher Nesting

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Camera did not record technical information.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Hi John,
I like this behavioral capture with the bird carrying nesting material. I find the background pleasing as well. Nice diagonal perch even though it seems bright and blown out in places. Nice colors on the bird and background. I’m wondering if noise reduction has been run on the bird as it seems to lack fine feather detail especially in the yellow. Seems like background could use another round of noise reduction. Nice catch.

I agree with Allen. As he says, it needs a tad more sharpening but not too much. Was this a large crop?

Hi John
Nice nature photograph, a bird Id and some technical information would be helpful.
Peter

Thanks to all, Yes this was a large crop and an f 18 was used to try gaining better detail, a big mistake, so the exposure slider was used to lighten the photo. Doing a little experimenting .

Hi Peter, thanks for your comment, my “Birds of Eastern North America” indicated this bird as a Great Crested Flycatcher. For some reason my camera did not record my technicals except the high aperture setting I was experimenting on. Wayne

A nice looking bird. Good pose, nice activity, nice perch and a nice bg. Lots of good things going on here. Too bad about the lose of technical details as they are always helpful. Focus also looks spot on.

Extremely nice behavioral image, John. I think a little further playing could bring out some more plumage detail and it’s relatively simple to tame the bright perch. Definitely an image worth spending some time refining.