Nest builder

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Composition, background

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn) Wanted to show a weaver inside the hanging nest as it was being built.
Canon 7D MII, Tamron 18-400mm 3.5/6.3 Di II VC, @ 400mm
1/500 6.3 ISO 1000, HH

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

John that is a awesome capture, pretty rare. I would try a portrait which would mean a crop on the right and left side. I might also try a blur on the background as the texture in it pulls me away from the center subject, more on the right side. The sharp contrast is wonderful, again amazing photo John

Very cool, image, John! I agree with Dean on the background. There also seems to be a dark halo around the bird’s tail. I’m not sure if that’s from processing or a shadow in the background perfectly lining up with the tail, haha.

John: I think this setting had wonderful potential and maybe you have it in the original frame. Somehow in processing this became very noisy and at ISO 1000 on your camera, that should not happen unless the original was really underexposed.

Artistically it feels too cramped in the frame. This scene deserves more around it to help the viewer understand what’s going on with this species.

Thanks for your comments, Keith. Not sure why the noise increase, will work on it as well as adding more space.

A great scene, John. I agree that it could use more space. The background in addition to the noise is showing some banding. I’d be interested in seeing the original on this one.

This is a pretty cool environmental shot. Would agree with a bit wider crop to show more of the setting.

Lots of potential here, the noise being the first to deal with imho. The setting is very nice and the Weaver with the nest make for a very attractive shot ! Hope you can get the noise out. Cheers, Hans