Brown-headed Parrot

This was probably the most common species visiting at the banana feeding station at Laguna de Lagarta. I liked this one for the smaller perch (a branch off the main perch) and the nice early morning side light. I also like it because this is the only one of this species that I saw with a clean beak and the rest of the plumage is immaculate except that one tiny tuft on the breast.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 612 mm, monopod with Wimberley Sidekick mount, f/9, 1/1250, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped from a horizontal original to 4081 x 4761 pixels. Taken at 6:57 AM on April 20th.

2 Likes

Socks blown off.

What a fabulous portrait. You’re right about the beak and the plumage - super clean and that’s not easy to find with wild birds. Are you sure there wasn’t a ‘feather dresser’ on staff at the lodge? LOL. That sidelight is killer. Just enough softness so that nothing looks crispy. That eye contact is irreplaceable.

Such a nice Parrot shot. So much good stuff here, the light the complimentary background , the mossy diagonal, the colors. A real fine image.

Hi Dennis
The framing on this portrait is great. The perch bring my eye up to the Parrot eye and beak. The light really bring out the coloring of the head, eye and beak. This is a portfolio headliner.
Peter

Beautiful image, Dennis. Perfect exposure and processing. The pose is awesome.

Beautiful portrait Dennis. The head position is quite appealing and the detail and lighting on the eye is great. The side light shows the plumage so well. Terrific perch and background too.

Excellent color, detail, pose, color, and exposure. A superb portrait at moderate iso. Very clean!