Squirrel Cuckoo (Hey, I didn't name it!)

The first bird I photographed when we arrived at our second lodge in Costa Rica (Laguna de Lagarta). This lodge is really set up for bird photography and they get a lot of species.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything. I removed quite a few errant twigs from the background in this one.

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, monopod with Wimberley Sidekick mount, f/10, 1/1000, iso 160 manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 5532 x 3822. Taken at 1:25 PM on April 18th.

5 Likes

Hi Dennis
This was quiet to birding trip. The color, detail and framing work well in this photograph.
Peter

Nice image Dennis. The background is complimentary to the subject and the details are very nice. Love the open beak. The tones on the bird seem well handled and realistic.

What a nice bird - and you got a great shot out of it ! Very nicely done. Cheers, Hans

Great placement and background. The feathers look amazing and so does that red eye. Amazing how many birds have red eyes. Open beak is terrific, too. What a great trip you had.

Wonderful! The bird is beautifully detailed and I love the DOF on the perch and plants. Lovely BG colors!

I like the pose and the detail is excellent. The background seems perfect for the image and I like the greenery on the right. An excellent composition.