Sooty-capped Chlorospingus

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

On our way out the access road to Paraiso Quetzal Lodge we stopped one last time in hopes of getting a high altitude wren-no luck, but we did get this bird and I managed a few decent images of which this was the best.

Specific Feedback

I wish the lower left corner were in better focus and the insect had given me a better head turn, but overall I like this one.

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, hand held, f/10, 1/1600, iso 12,800, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 4326x3121. Taken at 9:30 on February 18th.

1 Like

Dennis, the eye just grabs you in this image. Love that red. Nice to catch it with prey in its mouth too. The LLC really isn’t that noticeable in all of the similar foliage around the bird. I wonder if darkening that area a bit would call less attention to it. Your series of birds has been wonderful over the last week or so.

Nice catch, Dennis. Wonderfully exotic bird and nice capture on your part.

Nice environmental image and the bird shows a nice pose and excellent detail. David commented on the exotic nature of the bird, but my first thought was this seemed a bit more “normal” compared to some of your other shots.