Brrryce!

Sony A77
Sony DT 16-50 f2.8 @ 28mm
ISO 100, f11 @ 1/160
Our first visit to Bryce Canyon came in December 2014. This was actually taken on New Years Eve and was a great experience to close out the year. The “dust bunnies” in the sky are actually snowflakes. I cleaned up a bunch of them but was too lazy to get rid of them all. One of my favorite winter images. All comments welcome. >=))>

This is similar to your last post but I like it more because it has more snow which results in more dramatic contrast between the red rock and the white snow. I also like the bit of blue sky as it adds some different color to the scene. I can see why this is one of your favorites, Bill!

Bill, I think I like this one best as well, as Gary pointed out, more snow, and that sky. I don’t think I mentioned this on your last image, but you must have found my tripod foot prints from back in the summer, as it looks like you were standing pretty much where I was in July of that year! I just aimed slightly to the left than you did, but that was about it. There was no snow there for me, but I was still pleased to get to see it, and capture a few shots. Love out west, and would love to see this and the Grand Canyon with snow. You did a wonderful job with this, love the sky, the contrast between the red rock and the white snow. Hopefully you are display this somewhere that lots of folks can enjoy. :+1: :+1:

A beautiful take on winter at Bryce, Bill. The faint sense of snow still falling adds a lot and I like the distant hills fading away with the storm clouds over them.

Bill,
I can see why this is one of your favorites. It looks cold, but at the same time the warm tones of the rock formations make this inviting. There is just enough snow so as no to obscure all of the wonderful elements in the image. I also like the sky as it adds a bit of drama. Beautifully done.

There’s just something timeless about snow and Bryce. Your caught some great conditions; I love the red bluffs with the white dusting. The snow looks like it has a red tinge to me, but maybe that’s reflecting the bluffs?

Great take on Bryce. This image has so much depth it seems to go on forever. Excellent.

Bill, how nice to catch Bryce with an outstanding coating of snow. This view really shows of both the snow and the hoodoos beautifully. The flying flakes add a fine extra touch.

Hi Bill,

The snow and red rocks make for some ideal eye candy. The BG which is softened and muted by falling snow turned out well too. I like this one as presented…Jim