Butte, Morning + Redo

@Paul_Breitkreuz
Look closely along the skyline.
Re: spacing on the left. There may have been something to the left I didn’t like or just preferred it this way at the time. It is on a tripod, so I would have considered the whole frame.

BTW, 1969 Hot Rod Magazine Championship Drag Races V Stock Trophy, in a 49 Chevy Sedan Delivery Van named Halfast. 239 flathead, straight 6, 3 the column. I lived in Orange.

@Igor_Doncov
“I don’t have much in the way of technical suggestions. I suppose you could add a bit more drama by darkening some of the more distant shadows like that grey ridge line that runs through the center. That’s what AA would have done.”

I agree that need to be darkened now that you mention it. As to AA’s opinion, whichever of us sees him first needs to ask. :^)

@Bonnie_Lampley
I’ll have to think on the toning, but I will try some variations. The default B&W color always seems a point or two yellow - yes I’m calibrated.

It is a cross-tone (duo-toned, I suppose) to imitate a dilute selenium toned silver print style that goes from blue-ish shadow to slightly magenta-ish highlights. I have always liked the look and adapted it from Minor Whites recipe in his little yellow book Zone System Manual back in the 70’s.

If it helps, it was a cold morning. ;^)

@WillR
I used the clone stamp method, see Shuback, or Bagshaw, or Dave Kelly.
Scott Davenport shows a intersect masking technique for LR that I just found but haven’t tried yet.

If you have newer versions of Lumenzia or TKPanel they have edge masking tools that help out.