CA Towhee

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I caught this guy snacking on birdseed crumbs below my feeder. They seem to prefer being on the ground. D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, 1/1000th, f 8.0, 700mm, ISO 1600, hand held, AI Clear, cropped to 4159 x 3029

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Beautiful detail in the plumage, Dave, and a very nice head turn. The ground litter is very characteristic of the kind of place these (and other Towhees) like to forage. A bit tight in the frame, but I don’t know what you might have needed to avoid showing up in the frame-there’s often stuff you don’t want to show up in this environment.

Excellent detail and nice pose. I like the colors and look of the environment as well.

Nice job with the focus! I keep getting distracted by the foreground though. I would darken it a bit.—maybe even do a slight blurring. I agree it’s a little tight in the frame.

Hi Dave, very nice pose and details. Focus is spot on. Crop and composition work for me. Well done.

Hi Dave
Vary nice focus, detail and eye contact. I think the brighter right-hand for ground bring the eye right to the bird. Nice work.
Peter

Bird is sharp with great details. Frame is a little tight, but not too bad. Given the two comments about the bright-ish spot in the URC and the foreground, I’d consider a slight vignette. Should help with both.

Very nice detail on the towhee. As noted before this is a very typical setting for any towhee species. Good position/pose for the towhee, and nice lighting to separate it from the background. The crop works ok for me, but I’d have no objections to a little more space either.