Caddo 23-8

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

Do images like this show the beauty of swamps?
Do images like this help raise thoughts of how important wetlands are?

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

Early sunrise in TX.

Specific Feedback

Aesthetic and Emotiional

I Love the composition. My first thought was. What would this photo look like in B&W? As I look at it a second time. The highlights in the BG draw my eye and I would try to soften the highlighted BG without effecting the reflections. The foreground appears a little dark to me and I would bring the shadows up just a touch.

I love seeing photos of the cypress swamps and hope to make to that area of the country some day.

Thanks,

David
I will do a repost with your thoughts but until then here is Black and White.
A few days ago I posted in projects a black and white project of this year’s southern trip.

I uploaded the wrong image here is the color of the wrong image

Great image. The reflection is definitely the star of the show. So much so, in fact, that I’m curious what a 16x9 crop would look like, leaving all of the bottom in tact and cropping off a bit more of the top part? Bringing up the shadows a bit would help as well. All-in-all, I think this a great representation of the wetlands.

Steve: I’ve lived in Texas almost 40 years now and have yet to go to Caddo Lake. This image is definitely nudging me in that direction. I do like both images and have a small preference for the wider view. Were you able to take these from an observation deck or did you get out in a boat? Nicely done with the originals and the conversions. >=))>

Absolutely, Steve. Images like this not only capture the serene beauty of swamps but also evoke a deeper appreciation for the crucial role wetlands play in our ecosystem. They are visual reminders of the tranquility and rich biodiversity that thrive in these waters, and they help highlight the importance of conserving such unique natural environments. Beautiful work!