Texas sunrise 8

Early morning on the way to the lake, everywhere you look it’s a different world.

Type of Critique Requested

• Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Contrast and framing

Technical Details

Lumix S5

2 Likes

Steve: Mysterious and ethereal. The scene itself is chaotic but intriguing. I like how you have framed the sides with the two large trees and the color palette. Am curious about the location. Nicely done. >=))>

1 Like

Wow! The layers of soft colors and light give you a feeling of mystery. Reminds me of an impressionist painting. I can see this hanging on a wall. Very nice!

1 Like

Other worldly and definitely mysterious. I like the perspective created by your framing with the edges with trees. Only suggestion is to bring down the bright highlights center right slightly.

1 Like

Eva pretty much wrote what I had intended to write. I really like the composition with us looking through these dark bars at the swamp beyond. It definitely affects the impression of the place.

1 Like

Thanks everyone
I just posted a similar image from the Okefenokee

Steve,

A window to the world… or in this case the swamp. Love the framing, the natural and strong vingette.

The artistic impression I have is almost one of nastalgia… In other words, I could see a sepia treatment giving it some historical character of something.

I would agree with taming the highlights a little bit. And even perhaps reducing the saturation - coming back to my thought of sepia. Dont’ get me wrong, this is not an over saturated scene, but I guess I mean simply reducing the impact of color (something well short ob b&w though).

Like this a lot. Well seen and presented.

Lon