Calling

The tree is calling him.
The bit of grass his lifeline.
To not lose his way

What technical feedback would you like if any?As always all is welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any? All feedback is more than welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

“The tree is calling him.
The bit of grass his lifeline.
To not lose his way”

Definition of Haiku :
“A traditional Japanese haiku is a three-line poem with seventeen syllables, written in a 5/7/5 syllable count. Often focusing on images from nature, haiku emphasizes simplicity, intensity, and directness of expression.”

Ben I am impressed, you are both a photographer and a poet. And I am doubly impressed since I assume English is not your native language. I know I could not write a haiku in Dutch :smile:

Simplicity, intensity, and directness of expression, these terms pretty much sum up this image for me as well. These last two posts of yours show some real depth to your photography.

1 Like

@Ed_McGuirk, Ed, Maybe I become a bit japanese? I am more than happy with this comment of you.In dutch we say, I have to look out not to go " walk next to my shoes".(Niet naast man schoenen te gaan open.)
It means I must not think to much of myself. But maybe you have the same proverb ?? So thank you so much, Ed !

In the United States we have a saying “don’t get a swelled head”, it means pretty much the same thing.

1 Like

@Ed_McGuirk, I have one more of this kind of images to show. I think tomorrow . And I am curious to your comment .

Ben - This is a very evocative image. Again, I like your minimalist approach and contrast of the man and the tree against the snowy field.

Beautiful minimalistic approach, where the hard constrasts help in every way!

Love both the image and the poem!

@Eva_McDermott,Thank you so much Eva for your comment on this one.

@Ron_Jansen, Thank’s for your comment, Ron.

@John_Williams, Great that you also like the poem, John. Thank you !