Communicating

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Communicating
In their permanent circle
An endless meeting

Specific Feedback

All feedback in more than welcome

Technical Details

F9, 1/20, iso 640, 24-70 at 62mm

I just want to say how much I appreciate your usage of haiku as a way of suggesting what this image means to you. Even having a statement is great but expressing this way is remarkable. I wish I had the ability to do the same. Well, I never tried.

I really like the story behind this one Ben. The shape of the trees, how the bend together and flow is really cool. I do find the hot spots a bit distracting on this one, some of the gaps in the trees and the bright mark on the trunk on the left. Other than that the processing looks great. Green has been, and still is, a struggle for me to process but you handle it so nicely!

@Igor_Doncov , Igor , thank you for your comment.
For me using a haiku is a nice way to express myself. It takes me time to make one, but it’s easier for me than making a long story

@David_Wallace , David, thank for pointing me out those hot spots. I made a rework. I hope that you like this one even better.

I made those hot spots a bit darker

1 Like

Strong improvement to me. If you’re not opposed to it, you could also try filling/cloning the spot in the tree trunk.

1 Like

Ben,
You always manage to capture some lovely light in your woodland scenes and this one is no exception. I also find the greens quite beautiful also. Your rework with the small tweaks has made an already wonderful image even better. I have two small additional suggestions; the first would be a small crop from the left side to get rid of the limb in the ULC and the second would be to use the remove tool to get rid of that hot spot on the tree on the left side. I hope you do not mind, but here is a repost with what I was thinking. Another wonderful haiku BTW. I wish I had the talent to think of them.

@Ed_Lowe , thank you Ed for the rework. I can agree with the changes you made. Only the hotspot on the tree became a little too dark in my idea. I respect your change as a question of taste between you and me. :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful forest scene Ben with such special light.

1 Like

I really appreciate your edit Ben, strengthening an already lovely forest image.

1 Like

Agreed, especially impression in a second language! (…and congrats on the EP Ben!)