The old tree

See this old tree trunk
Carrying yellow leaves
Curved by its weight

I did a small rework the ULC

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is more then welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

This is super cool, Ben. Your haiku is a perfect pair to the image but even without it, the image itself stands out. Very artistic.

Interesting portrayal of the old tree and its children. The curve is nicely the important element, giving the old guy the appearance of more motion and energy than the kids.
I think the appeal would be at least as strong if enough were cropped from the top to eliminate most of the bright green in the top left.

This image is very artistic looking Ben, and I think the haiku is really well done also. The curve of this tree trunk is just so elegant looking. I also like the almost optical illusion quality of this where the yellow leaves almost seem to to growing out of the curved trunk. This is a fine intimate image, it’s a good job on your part to see this and extract it from the landscape.

I agree with @Dick_Knudson that the bright green in the ULC is an eye magnet. My preference would not to be to crop it away, I like how the trunk looks in the LLC. Instead I would darken and de-saturate the ULC green leaves to reduce their visual impact.

Your small tweak with the rework nailed it for me, Ben. The curve of the limb through the frame has a wonderful grace and beauty about it that I find very captivating. I always enjoy your haikus as they are always eloquent and seem to fit the image perfectly. Very nicely done!

Agreed; the rework looks great. It lets the eye rest on the beautiful curve, which is a good thing. The longer I play with photography, the more I appreciate these little snippets of the beauty that lies in the vegetation around us.

@Adhika_Lie, @Dick_Knudson, @Ed_McGuirk, @Ed_Lowe, @John_Williams,That were nice comments again.Thank you for those and the suggestions about the ULC.(see my rework) . I am also glad you like the haikus. It’s new for me but I wil make more of them at least I am trying. I think haikus go well with photography.

It’s great on your part to see the beauty in an isolated branch such as this. Many would have walked right by. Good job.

1 Like

I agree, keep them coming Ben !!!

1 Like

I’m coming in late so really can’t add anything so I’ll just say I really like the image.