Shaped by the wind

Oakes shaped by the western wind. On old dunes with a food shortage. The bark was used in the past for the tannery .

What technical feedback would you like if any?All feedback is always welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?All feedback is always welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Despite the fall colors, for me this image is really all about the tree trunks and roots, which have such interesting shapes and texture. This must be a very windy place indeed. I saw these tree roots in one of your prior posts, and thought they could play a bigger role in another image, and they serve a nice role here.

Also similar to your prior post, i am okay with the patches of white sky (normally this is a deal breaker for me, but not in this case). The sky helps lend shape to the trees and leaves, and creates more of a 3 dimensional feel. Overall this is a pleasing image, with a good composition and subject matter, nicely done Ben.

@Ed_McGuirk , Thank you Ed, for this nice comment. I will be placing one more of these trees. I am curious what your comment will be. After that one I shall wait for some winter and also I hope for a lot of snow like at your place. Snow and eis where rather normal in the old days. The last 10 years we haven’t had much.

Wow, those trees are so interesting. This has a really nice sense of depth, with the side light on the tree trunks and the light streaming down the path between the two sets of trees. Lovely.

1 Like

Ben, I am in love with this composition and the color of this image. It has that feeling of a classical painting to it. The leaning trees show great characters and I think you have composed them well. My only nit is the out of fcous leaves on the URC. I really like how they somewhat obscure the top of the clump of trees on the right but in my mind, having them sharp may make the image better. It may not.

1 Like

@Adhika_Lie, @Bonnie_Lampley, I appreciate your comments so much, thank you.