Old

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

An old broken branche
Captured by younger brothers
Makes life easier

Technical Details

Nikon D850, F13, 1/15, iso 640, 24-70 at 70mm

Hi Ben,

I love your interpretation of this scene. How that branch fell, but was caught by the two young trees. I never would have thought of that. And that tree indeed looks impressive. The surrounding green tones give a feeling of a rich, lush forest.

The fallen branch is indeed in the brightest area of the frame. So my eyes naturally went there, and made the connection with your wonderful poetic description.

Composition wise, I think it might be interesting to try a crop so the right edge of the trunk closes the frame from the left. It will focus the viewer on your subject (assuming this is the fallen branch), without letting the viewer 's eye travel to the far left side. In addition it will still give the trunk some presence.

Really enjoyed that beautiful green scene.

1 Like

@mist_surfer Tom, Thank you for your comment. I appreciate the valuation from a pro.

I see what you mean by a crop of the right. (for the composition). In my view it should ruin my story of the old losing his trunk and what happens to it. The whole tree has to be in the scene I think.

Ben