In the fall

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

AN OLD CITY PARK
ALL CREAKING SOUNDS IN THE TREES
THE FALLEN BRANCHES

Specific Feedback

All feedback is more than welcome

Technical Details

F16 /0.3 /iso 500 / 24-120 at 92mm / statief

Yes, I like this. This shows sensitivity to subject matter rather than enslavement of design. I like how the tree on the right acts as a frame but its brighter left side leads you into the center. Your color cast is usually cooler than this so that too is a bit of a change. This is not the type of image that will win awards but I like it’s honesty.

I like it too — a lot, The forest is inviting and we’ll framed. The tree on the right is a wonderful frame and the pile of fallen limbs is even attractive. I would like to sit there and talk to the trees!

Ben,

Kudos to you on this capture and photograph. I’ll take the leap here and assume that the image along with the haiku, that you wanted to capture the experience (sights, sounds, smell, etc.) rather than a “pretty” picture. And I think you have greatly succeeded here.

I sheepishly admit that I would have been one to focus on the beautiful stand of trees and glow in the background, excluding the debris of the forest floor… But by including the chaos of the fallen branches, a story is being told and the experience more appropriately captured.

Lesson learned. Well done Ben!

@Igor_Doncov , @Diane_Miller , @Lon_Overacker .Thank for your comments. I myself couldn’t say it better. I am trying here to tell the story in an image. And bring it in words. It’s maybe a different way of looking , feeling what nature tells me.
As I see a situation like this, there is often coming up a story.Which I try to translate to a haiku. And bring the image in an other perspective for the viewer.