Capsicum composite (Not Halloween)

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Does this look like an xray image?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
I am still doing an occasional xray image but I am also trying to simulate an xray image without xray. For this image, I sliced up a capsicum into 11 slices and photographed each slice. The eleven images are then loaded as layers on PS with varying degree of opacity. Basically I wanted to be able to ‘see’ the inside of the capsicum seeds so as to simulate an xray. Would be interested to hear your feedback on whether I have succeeded? Any other comments on artistic merit or otherwise would be appreciated.

For comparison I have added an xray of a capsicum (second image) done a few years ago.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I am impressed. I thought this was an xray image. It must have taken some time to obtain this unique and interesting result.

Gary: Having been spoiled by your earlier x-ray/CT images I expected this was an x-ray. I’m impressed with the results. I do think a bit more contrast would help but perhaps not quite as much as shows up on the real x-ray. Great to have you posting and looking forward to more. >=))>

This is very interesting technique and I think you did a really good job with this. Kudos!

Very interesting technique to get the Xray effect. I couldn’t have imagined this technique! Agree with Bill. Increasing contrast may make it look more like an Xray as the hollows would look darker. and the solids would be brighter. Great work.