Image made in an Arboretum in Madison, WI

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DIi + 180/3.5 + tripod
f/16, 1/40, ISO 640
Canon DPP4, PSCC, Nik Detail extractor and tonal contrast
A small crop to the right.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

OK, Ravi. Now I have to go find one of our wild roses to see if it has that really cool frosted look to the stigmas. I think you put your focus plane in just the right position. Beautiful detail where needed and just enough softer elsewhere to focus attention with out making it obvious. I also like the placement of the flower center…

Ravi: Ditto what Dennis said. Beautiful color palette and a fine comp. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Thanks Dennis for your comments. The arrangement of filaments and anthers around the stigma is so captivating that I spent more time enjoying looking at them than taking pictures. The light was perfect so it was part luck.

A beautiful flower very well captured, Ravi. I like the fading of the petals into softness as offsetting the central stamens; my only personal preference might be for a little more room at the top, but this is lovely as is.