Carpenter Bees Enjoying Passion Flower

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all, please

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all, please

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Camera: Canon 60D, Lens: 70-300 IS USM Zoom, f/5.6, ISO 1600, AV Mode, 1/1500 sec., 300mm focal length

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Terry: Welcome to the Flora Critique forum and thanks for a fine first post here. I was just out shooting passion flowers earlier today so this is serendipitous. The bees are a fine addition and I like the overall comp and action. Really good DOF management as well.
One unrelated item I would like to relate to you is the site guidelines for image sizes. Most folks post images in the range of 1500-2000 pixels on the long side. Close to full resolution images like this can’t be viewed in their entirety at the largest presentation on most monitors and also makes your images more inviting targets for image thieves. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to more.>=))>

1 Like

Hello, Bill. Thank you for the welcome; I am excited to be here. Thank you for the critique and complements. Passion flowers are so unique and fun to photograph. I hope you will share some of your images with the community.
I will check out the image size guidelines and adjust my postings accordingly. Thank you for the “heads-up” and advice. I look forward to posting more and moving my photographic skills to the next level.
Best,
Terry