Lotus Visitor

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This lotus blossom was not only very attractive to the public, it warranted attention from this carpenter bee as well. At my favorite local garden and library in Southern California.

Specific Feedback

I appreciate your thoughts and comments on the composition, BG, lighting, etc. Anything to help. Thank you.

Technical Details

Canon 5DMiii, f9, 1/2000 sec, iso 320, -0.7 EV, 100-400 lens at 400 mm.

2 Likes

Nice lighting on the lotus, Ed, and the orientation of the bee fits the situation. It looks like it’s mesmerized by all that lovely flower.

1 Like

Ed: Back in the day we used to call these party crashers. Now I guess the term is photo bomber. Whatever, I especially like the rendering of the flower and bud and think the bee is a nice addition. Would also think this is a great image without the bee. Top notch shot. >=))>

2 Likes

Beautiful soft colors, Ed, of this Lotus flower. The little bee certainly does add another dimension to the image, but doesn’t take away from the flower. Nicely seen.

1 Like

@Dennis_Plank, @Bill_Fach and @linda_mellor I appreciate your comments. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Just stopping by to say it’s a lovely image! Love the flower, love the insect, love the bokeh!

Thank you Paul. @Paul_Holdorf

Ed, the colors and details in the main bloom are outstanding. The bee and the bud add even more to the attractiveness of this view.

Thank you @Mark_Seaver. I appreciate your comment on this.

Nice shot with or without the party crasher.
:metal:

Thank you @Michael_Lowe, and thank you @Bill_Fach and @Kris_Smith for the EP!

1 Like