Cradled Lotus

1/350 sec at f/5.6, ISO 100
280 mm (EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM +1.4X

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I have a fondness for deleting (not replacing) backgrounds as much as possible. Does it work here?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any artistic feedback you can give me is so welcome. I have been doing nature photography for 10 years with little critical input. I relish it.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
#ig
adrienne

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

Adrienne: Your passion for lotus really shows here. Just a beautiful rendering with the bee icing on a very nice cake. The lighting is just superb on the flower and the leaves.
I know you are learning the posting ropes here so just a gentle reminder that we like to limit posts to one every 24 hours in each particular gallery or forum. Social distancing of a sort I suppose :wink: Thanks for being a part of our community and if there’s anything I can do to help you please feel free to ask. >=))>

Love how the leaves cradle the lotus flower. Also like how the background fades to black without being an obvious vignette. Well done!

Superb photo - the composition and color tone draws you in to explore the details of this wonderful flower. The “black” background works to lead your eyes in from the outside to the center with the highlighted flower. Thank you for this wonderful treat for the eyes.

Very beautiful Lotus. The lighting is superb and the bonus is the bee above the lotus. Well done!

This works beautifully, Adrienne ! The high contrast lighting not only shows the flower to perfection it also lights the greens of the leaves in all their variety. Lovely image !

This works beautifully, with the veins in the leaves and their different positions adding a lot of motion to the image. The translucency of the leaves is also appealing, and the little bee at the top of the blossom is the icing on the cake. The dark background sets the flower and leaves off just perfectly.

Somehow I missed this one when you first posted it Adrienne. This image is utterly gorgeous. I love the lighting and the arrangement of the lotus leaves is superb.

Thank you for your kind words, Dennis. I have been a bit pressed lately and have neglected this site. But I appreciate all the responses.