White Lotus

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

1/1000 secs at f/2.8 ISO 200 150 mm
A black cloth was hung over painters’ scaffolding set up all around the tub which was making an image of this bloom very hard to get.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Absolutely beautiful photo Adrienne. Can’t image any corrections. The detail in the flower and water droplets are superb. The lighting adds just enough for clarity but doesn’t burn out any of the detail. Kudos to you.

Adrienne, I love the lighting softly coming thorough the translucent petals. I find myself zooming in to see all the detail of the venation and the water droplets, then zooming back out to see the beautiful total image. Not sure if I really want to give up the whole to have the closer view, when we can have both. Well done.

Beautiful image. soft backlighting, details, black background, and the water drops make this image. well conceived and executed.

Adrienne: Marvelously lit and a superb portrait. It’s a small thing but the lighting on the stem is the icing on the cake for me. Top notch shot. >=))>

The lighting on this lotus makes the image. Very well done!

Thank you vey much. Sometimes you and other critiquers pick up on things I myself had not been very aware of. It is a learning process.

1 Like

Very lovely image Adrienne! No nits from me!