Caspian Tern

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

My very first post on NPN was of a Caspian Tern. I received several welcoming comments and a generally positive critique, except they would have liked to see the eye, which was dark against the dark head. I’d like to think I’ve improved some since then, certainly the camera gear has, and at least the eye (and even some catch light) is visible in this shot.

Specific Feedback

Any.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 at 500 mm; 1/4000 at f7.1; ISO 250

Hi Allen, really nice look at this tern. Details look good to me with visible eye and catchlight. I like the subject placement in the frame and the downward looking pose. Great to see a topside view. Well done.

1 Like

Very nice, Allen. The eye is very difficult to get to show in a lot of the species with a black hood and this is certainly no exception. Just getting that glint from the catch light does the trick nicely. I do like the pose.

1 Like

It’s a Caspian Tern turn! Okay…bad joke. Really nice in-flight catch with sharp details and, as others have said, a little catch light in the eye. Well done.

1 Like

Hi Allen
Having photograph Tern, I am well aware of the change of getting the eye visible. Nicely done. The bank is nice and the Turns feather detail is sharp.
Peter

1 Like