Centipede

Really, I don’t mind bugs much at all.
But this 6-inch thing, crawling out of the shower drain and slithering over my foot, did NOT turn me on. ICK
Jim scooped it up and flipped it into the outside garden - but not before I got a few pictures.
(Too much flash - couldn’t find the diffuser on short notice. )

Mossman Gorge, Queensland, Australia

2018:09:15 02:14:50
Nikon D850
70-180mm macro @ 70mm
1/60 sec, f/14
Mode: Av
Metering: Multi-segment
Exp comp: +2
ISO: 800
AF mode: AF-C
White balance: NATURAL AUTO
Flash: Optional,TTL - 3

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Well Sandy, some of these tropical centipedes can be quite venomous. Not sure about this particalar Australian species. The flash works well, but a concave diffuser would have given your image softer highlights. Well done and I especially like the composition…Jim

A fine mix of critter, flowers and leaves. There’s a nice sense of movement in the comp. with all the arches.

Wow, Sandy, I can’t even image having that thing crawling over your foot in the shower! Glad you didn’t get bit, and got a wonderful photo out of it! The flowers make a nice setting for the centipede.

Jim, YUK!
I looked this thing up - it IS venomous, which is not surprising since EVERY species of snake in AU is venomous.
Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW683Mt-aSg

Glad I didn’t know then.
Sandy

Sandy: Crawling out of the shower drain :scream:? I think my reaction would have been to stomp first and ID later. Way to go keeping your composure. >=))>

The best thing about it is the comp, very appealing with the flower…
Nice find.

Nice shot of it, Sandy. the flashisn’t bad at all, though a diffuser would probably have improved it even more. I like the way you (or was it Jim?) posed it.

Not posed at all. - Jim just flipped it into the garden and I took a few pics as it crawled away…
Sandy

Fine sense of motion for an impromptu! The flowers look like some kind of ginger lily.